Taking the time


rain drops on a branch...4/1/2012

I have to apologize for being lax about posting anything major for a few weeks now...but there is a method to my madness in having been away from serious writing here. In part, I have been dealing with a lot of physical pain, in my upper and lower back, as well as both shoulders, which has kept me in sheer misery and Ibuprofen has become a close friend.


But the other part is that I have been taking the time to do some things that I haven't done in a very long time...and that is to observe my surroundings outside...the skies, the changes in the trees, the birds, the flowers blooming and watching a patch of Rhubarb begin its Springtime growth. To say the least, I have been completely fascinated! (Which has led to a distraction that has kept my mind off my physical pain!)


It may sound silly, but I have long missed being able to do this...life had caught me up and swept me along down various roads, which took me away from the very thing that I have loved...paying attention to the world just outside my door. It has meant a lot to me, and given me a great peace to be able to see our flowers bloom, smell their dainty scents; being able to watch birds in the trees sing their Springtime songs; even watching a geese couple that have stopped by the field out back of my home, at least twice daily. 


Simple things...that don't cost a dime. This is "living".


Not to spoil the blogs that will follow this, I will give you a glimpse of the photos that I have took as well:


setting sun kissing the clouds good night
buds that will become leaves
Daffodils peaking through the cold earth
our first flower to bloom
two birds singing in the early morning
one of the geese...
daffodil
rhubarb leaves unfurling...
As the days and weeks ahead unfold...I will continue observing and taking photos...and there will be more to come!


Thanks for stopping by!



Comments

  1. I know how it feels to lose touch with beauty because of personal pain. There is no better season to find the the wonders of nature than spring. If nature can bring you even a second of relief, then embrace it whole hog (sorry Chris! lol) My best to you and yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Wolfman2001...how are you? Long time! 8 )

      This is something that I have needed for a long time...to get back into the simpler things in life...which I need mentally and spiritually!

      (LOL on the Chris part!)

      Thanks, Wolfman!

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear you've been in so much pain. But glad the blooming Spring has brought you some lovely distraction & joy! :-)
    I'm also so happy that you're in a much better place, enjoying a much happier, better quality life! You deserve it!

    Feel better! Enjoy the gorgeous Spring days!

    -L-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura! I have truly enjoyed these Spring days, even if some of them have been chilly! As well, I have gotten some great shots in...so I won't complain!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Adult Coloring Pages (Printable)

Adult Coloring pages: Seasonal: Winter/Christmas