Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Looking up at the clouds

What do you see???

Even as a child, the sky has always been mysteriously beautiful to me. I can't remember there ever being a time that I wasn't looking up...watching the sky, the clouds and even storms rolling in. 


What follows, is a journey through the last week of such sky-watching.


5/10/2012
The photo above was taken on a gray day, but the clouds did not bring the much needed rain.
sunset 5/15
I love when I can capture the rays coming off the clouds like this one.


Sometimes the clouds roil and roll...often before a storm, but not always.


This was a storm from building...5/21/2012

And building...

This one looks like an explosion behind the tree!
5/21/2012
 Sometimes...the colors put me in awe, as well as the way the layers of clouds do:


I love the depth of colors and layers...
5/21/2012
Here's another, only minutes later
The following night, May 22nd, these were what we were seeing at sunset:


Notice again the layers...as well as the height that can be
seen.

This one was in the opposite direction but building at the same
time. This is what became a thunderhead.
5/22/2012

From a distance...not so menacing...

And the first photo (above) flattened-out some, and the sun add some
coloring to it as well.
Not always is the sky so violent-seeming...there are days that pass where there are smaller clouds that scud across the sky...


June/31/2012

Random shapes and sizes...5/31/2012
The next four photos are probably my favorite. It looks like an airbrush painted the sky!

6/2/2012

6/2/2012
Amazing that the clouds create wisps like this, you know? 

6/2/2012

6/2/2012
And tonight, the clouds...well, I'll let you see for yourself:


This was at 4:00 this afternoon...6/5/2012
Then, to my left:

This was about 30 minutes later...and this is only half of the
whole sky...
And above the house: 

The clouds continued to form a line that separated it clear
across the sky.

And this is where the 'tear' began in the clouds.
Every once in a while, I get a lucky shot as I am driving down the road, and this last one was just that...a lucky shot. Barely visible in the fog, rises a wind turbine.

A lone turbine almost completely hidden by the fog.
5/15/2012
Thanks for stopping by...I am positive that there will be more cloud photos to share in the near future!


Be well!

2 comments:

  1. What wonderful photos you've posted! You've captured the beauty and majesty of clouds! Even the ominous ones are spectacular! I really enjoyed your post! Thanks!
    :-)

    -L-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! As I said...I love looking at the sky and clouds...and if I can share that...I will!

      Delete