Deb's Homemade Salsa

This is what my salsa looked like when completed.




About two weeks ago, I had an overabundance of tomatoes from our garden sitting on my counter that I needed to do something with, and I had an epiphany. Make salsa with those and some of the green peppers also harvested from the garden. But where to start?

I did some digging and reading of recipes online, and printed off a recipe that came close to what I had on hand. From that point on though, it was up to me to change-out what I didn't have for what I did. Meanwhile, I was also writing down the different items I used, so that I could reproduce the recipe IF it was something like we liked.

Well, it was...I wanted spicy and I got spicy...and then some, and it passed my brother's taste test 200%!  He, himself, has eaten almost 2/3rds of the jar!  LOL

So here it is...my own salsa recipe!

Deb’s Homemade Salsa:

(Yields about a quart)

6-8 large tomatoes, peeled and diced
1 large onions, minced
2+ large green bell peppers, diced
2-3 large cloves, minced
3 T. white vinegar
2 T. olive oil or vegetable oil
3 T. sugar (optional, but I used it)
2-3 T. lemon pepper 
1-2 T. red pepper flakes
8 drops of Tabasco sauce 

Place all the ingredients in a saucepan, bring to boil and let simmer until the tomatoes and peppers are at least half-cooked. During this time, taste and adjust ingredients accordingly…but this alone is very spicy as is!

Place in jars, seal according to directions and…

Enjoy!

        

Comments

  1. AWESOME!!! John & I love good salsas! Glad you were able to make use of your garden abundance & it turned out to be such a successful salsa. Cool beans! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh--if you like "hot" salsa...this is right up your alley!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Adult Coloring Pages (Printable)

Adult Coloring pages: Seasonal: Winter/Christmas