Hot days and cool places

I apologize for not having written anything in the last week or so…the weather here in New York has been horrible with up to 105° temps and humidity that has reached 100% as well. I have never been one to weather extreme heat and humidity…not after I hit about 30. However, despite that, I have had an opportunity to do something that I never have in my 52 years as a New York native…and that’s to visit some parks that are close by and really beautiful.
It’s also been on opportunity for me to spend time with my grandchildren as well as take some great photos…which I would like to share!

Robert H. Treman State Park:

Nestled quietly just at the edge of Ithaca, NY…Robert Treman State Park boasts a beautiful gorge, hiking trails, a picnic area, a play ground and a swimming area below the falls itself. Here are the photos I took:

A place to barbecue
Plenty of area for picnic and fun!

water flowing down over the rocks

water from the falls and swimming area headed down stream
Part of the stream


walking toward the falls

the falls and swimming area

A brave youth jumping intp about 25 ft of water!

girl resting at the base of the falls

headed back to shore

close up of the falls

and another

lifeguards sat in 2 positions along the swimming area

the falls having carved a path into the rock

the swimming area--my apologies the water isn't this blue!

the falls face

a better view of the falls and swimming area

Where the water flows down into the creek below.  During the winter
months, the boards are removed so the swimming area doesn't flood. 

the creekbed

more of the creekbed

a different perspective

the creek actually flows across an access road

kids playing

and swinging

on the teeter-totter

one boy vs two girls!  LOL

they are just a'swingin'!

picture perfect!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adult Coloring Pages (Printable)

Adult Coloring pages: Seasonal: Winter/Christmas