My Life is Stuck in a Vicious Cycle


I have gotten up these past few mornings, realizing that I am doing the same things day after day after day. Especially in the morning.

I  get up, make coffee, set the coffee cups up to have coffee added to them. I split the English muffins and put two (whole ones) in the 4-slice toaster. 

Then I get out a small yogurt-sized cup for my boyfriend's applesauce, which he takes his pills with. I warm up the small fry pan, spray with generic butter spray. Two eggs go in and the yoke is broke for the home style egg and cheese english muffin. 

When I open the 3 pieces cheese, Luna, our Great Pyrenees, comes running for her daily slice of cheese. Next, coffee gets poured, toaster buttons go down and muffin halves get buttered before putting the sandwiches together. 

At the table, I take my boyfriend's blood glucose, dish out his pills, then turn to my insulin that I have to give to myself. Two different kinds: Basaglar and Fiasp...long term and short term insulins. 

Now I can eat. And share my food with Luna. I'm on the "Luna Diet": a bite for me and a bite for her. As  many bites as I give her, I never get any thinner though! LOL

After my coffee cools down, I take my pills and supplements. I do my daily things on Facebook, posting good morning images or Happy-whatever-day-it-is to my private group and my own page Serendipity. 

The rest of the day isn't the sameness of every morning. It's dreading the mornings now though...I feel stuck and depressed. You see, my boyfriend has diabetic retinopathy and can't fend for himself too much. And I keep telling myself, that I didn't sign up for this...being a nurse maid, driver, the list goes on. 

Okay...end of rant. At least until tomorrow morning. Be prepared! 

Take care and thanks for reading! 

Deb 

Comments

  1. Hi Deb, it's Laura! I recommend a complete change. Come visit me in Michigan for a nice, long summer vacation! I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know! It's been some time, huh? Working on a snail mail! ❤️

      Delete
    2. I owe you a letter! I've had your last one on my desk for a long time, staring at me, waiting for me to reply, sending me guilt vibes! LOL

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Adult Coloring Pages (Printable)

Adult Coloring pages: Seasonal: Winter/Christmas