My New Favorite Meal: Chicken Marsala

Dinner is served

For those of you in the USA, I don't know if you've become familiar with Campbell's new products called: Campbell's Skillet Sauces. So far they have 4 choices to choose from and the one that I was introduced to was Chicken Marsala pictured below.




I was able to be there when it was being fixed by my daughter the first time I tried it. She told me that with your chicken breasts, you need to slice them in half width-wise, so you end up with twice as many pieces of chicken breasts. Below, here are the 2 chicken breasts that I sliced in half to get the 4 pieces. This way, the meat cooks quicker. Makes sense.



I used a large 12 inch skillet with 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. (For some reason olive oil is bothering me.) I fried these until they were light brown on either side, making sure that they were cooked through. 


Then came the sauce. Because I wanted to have another serving for dinner tomorrow night and save the rest to freeze, I used 2 pouches of the Skillet sauce. As well, although there are mushrooms in the sauce already and because I love mushrooms, (my body will thank me for tonight's dinner! LOL) I used 2 small cans of mushroom stems and pieces as shown below.




So now, we have the chicken and sauce all put together and ready to simmer for a little bit, maybe 20 minutes or so, although the pouch says 5 minutes. I am really fussy about my meats being thoroughly cooked so I went beyond the 5 minutes until I felt satisfied the meat was done.




While the chicken and sauce simmered, I cooked gluten free Fettuccine.  Just enough to give me 2 meals. Once done, then it was time to serve myself, and as you can see above and below, dinner was served! (It doesn't matter what kind of pasta you use: bows, penne, you decide!)


Yum!



Now who wouldn't want this for dinner? 

Enjoy your evening folks! Thanks for stopping by!


Deb






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adult Coloring Pages (Printable)

Adult Coloring pages: Seasonal: Winter/Christmas