People sure are strange!

View from my desk of the outside
I sit here giggling...with an image in my mind of what I must look like...you know those old ladies that sit near their windows and know the comings and goings of people in their neighborhood? Yes? Well...

Although I'm not that old, that's me!!!  LOL 

My desk sits to the right of the window above which gives me a view of who is coming and going from 4 of the buildings here, including from the other 3 apartments in my own building. 

See, I am a bonified people watcher. Always have been and always will be. 

I've seen a few things while the blinds are open but nothing that baffles me more than the fellow that lives upstairs. It's like he's a window watcher too. I have noticed time and again in the past week that when certain people pull in, he's out the door like a flash and attempting to casually walk up the sidewalk like he has nothing better to do. Being nonchalant doesn't suit him.

I have watched him since I moved in. I feel that there is something 'off' about him. I can't tell you what it might be or even why I feel this way about him. I don't know if it's his looks or the way he carries himself, but I did guess one thing right about him: he's ex-military. (He handed my son a business card and I followed up by checking this guy out. All in the details!)

Anyways, back to his walking out to the people that pull in... 

He seems to be drawn to women specifically that visit or live in the next building. His tactic is to start talking to the women and then after a few minutes, he asks for a cigarette. Their conversation might last a couple of minutes to 10 minutes. Then he returns to his apartment where his wife and 2 little girl are. 

It sure is a confusing routine. It's not like he's out there handing out business cards or even talking business. The way their body language speaks, it seems to be lighthearted to some degree. I see the women and the neighbor both laughing. 

Just strange behavior. I wonder and try to guess what might be being said, wonder what his motive might be beyond wanting to bum a smoke, but of course I can't figure it out. I also know that it's really none of my business. People watchers just like to watch and wonder, you know?

Are you a people watcher? If not, try it some time! 

Thanks for stopping by!

Deb














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adult Coloring Pages (Printable)

Adult Coloring pages: Seasonal: Winter/Christmas