The Move...My journey to Wisconsin Part 1

I have to apologize to everyone for taking so long to get back to my blog and my journey to Wisconsin.  As life so often does, it can become quite busy...and I won't deny that I am truly enjoying the peace and quiet here!

I left New York State on the 6th of September driving a nearly new yellow Penske 10' moving van, and made my way toward Highland, Michigan, where I would stay 2 days with a dear friend.  The day was a perfect one for driving...not too hot and not raining...all was good!

My co-pilots were two 3-month old kittens...Smokey and Lily.  They were all snug in a carrier...and did very well...to my amazement!  During the entire trip to Michigan, not once did they toilet in the carrier...but let me tell you that the minute I fixed up their litter box...they were in it in a flash!  I was so proud of them!

The only times that I stopped were to refuel, grab a snack to eat and make sure the kittens were okay...as I put their food and water dish in with them.  I probably should have stopped for an actual meal along the way, but I was too anxious to try out these new wings of freedom!

I had no reservations about making the 10+ hour drive to Michigan...even though I knew that there might be some tricky spots when I hit Cleveland, OH.  I knew and trusted myself enough to know that I could get through these huge cities...and I did.  But let me tell you, Cleveland seemed like it took about 2 hours to get through...wow!!!


The next big one that caused some concern after I was there was Ann Arbor, MI.  I never knew just how big this city is and the junctions/exchanges were confusing.  I did make a wrong exit and after about 10 minutes of driving, realized my error and turned around...and found the correct exit to take.  From there...with a little phone guidance, I arrived at my destination...about 11:00 (or so) that evening.

It was hard getting good shots as I drove through New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio and into Michigan...but here are the few that I did manage to get:


I'm not sure what river this is, but it ran along the side of the highway in NY

sunset someplace between OH and MI
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adult Coloring Pages (Printable)

Adult Coloring pages: Seasonal: Winter/Christmas