Sometimes plans fall flat


Well folks...I am still here in NY...my plans fell through at least for the moment.  I am frustrated, hurt, angry...but I can't say whether it's more at the Uhaul company or myself for not following my gut feelings.

When I reserved the truck back in the first week of August, I was told that all I would need is a $100 deposit and the balance would be due when I returned the truck at my destination.  In all honesty, it seemed TOO simple...and between then and the time that I was supposed to pick up the truck, I called several times to verify and re-verify that the information was correct...talking to a different woman every single time.  Each time I called...I got the same answer...$100 deposit and the balance when I got to Wisconsin and returned the truck.

As scheduled, I went to get the truck, and low and behold...my gut feelings were confirmed...the whole balance was due BEFORE I even took the truck!  I was devastated (to say the least) because I did not have that amount available to me...a whopping $826.  (I wasn't due to be paid until the 1st and 2nd of September, and being on disability...I would not have enough for both the truck and fuel/eats to move from NY to WI.)

Unbelievable.  But really?  Maybe not so much.

At any rate, I have a loving and caring man awaiting me who is going to rent a truck from another company most likely this coming Tuesday.  So although I may be still here in NY...it's not going to be for long.

I don't mean this as a bash against Uhaul...but clearly, the information I received couldn't be trusted...and it's also a lesson learned to 'trust' a gut feeling...that it WAS too simple...there was a catch-22 lurking unseen. 

My best advice to anyone is to do as I did...but even more-so...get all the details no matter what you have to do...call, go to the vender...whatever.  And trust your intuition...if it seems too simple...most likely it is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adult Coloring Pages (Printable)

Adult Coloring pages: Seasonal: Winter/Christmas