Journey to Justice, Interview--Part 3

False Confessions


In this part of the interview with Shawn Campbell, who pleaded guilty to the murder of Rhonda Bilby in 2005, the question of 'false confession' emerges.



The New York Times published an article, Oct 3, 2010 called:   “I Did It”  Why do people confess to crimes they didn’t commit?

An expert on the subject, Alan Hirsch (who was mentioned in the news video) has a website:  The Truth About False Confessions where he offers his input into why this happens.

There are many mitigating factors that drive people to confess to crimes that they did not commit, and it's certainly worth the effort to take a look at the information I have linked to.  The reality is that it does happen.

This is the question I have dealt with since he pleaded guilty:  Why--IF he is innocent?

It's so easy to say "Well I wouldn't have pleaded guilty if I was innocent," however...most of us are have not tried those shoes on.

(And yes--I have a few seconds on the video as well!) 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adult Coloring Pages (Printable)

Adult Coloring pages: Seasonal: Winter/Christmas